The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Visuals Systems Engineer to work in our Orlando, FL office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping with a wide range of complex virtual simulation software programs.
Candidate will lead a group of developers to come up with innovative concepts that will shape the virtual visualization market allowing Leidos to be formidable competitors in this domain. Candidate will also actively participate in development efforts as well as conduct research studies of commercial solutions. Candidate must be capable of software development concentrating in Visual Systems within a team oriented environment. Successful candidate will perform software development activity in support of a various simulation training applications supporting new development, bug fixes and fielding, concentrating in Visual Systems. Candidate will perform in-depth analysis on multiple high-performance image generation COTS products. Candidate will support the Visual System integration with the larger software development team. A successful candidate will be expected to support in plant development, customer demos, proposal activities, and trade shows as needed.
· Supporting software testing based on customer requirements.
· Able to work in a fast-paced production environment with ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands simultaneously.
· Work as part of a software development team.
· Implementation and application of sound configuration management processes.
· Maintains a schedule related to assigned task status and completion dates.
· Able to travel to customer locations to support contractual commitments including data collection, program reviews, software development, software deliveries, installation and test.
· Support and utilize defined processes and procedures to facilitate program objectives.
· Provide customers with exceptional support.
External Referral Eligible
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
· BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline required as well as 7+ years of experience as a software engineer.
· Thorough knowledge of coding with C/C++/C# with strong Object Oriented (OO) development
· Experience in the following areas: Image generation, real-time 3D scene management, real-time host programming, DIS/HLA, CIGI, OpenFlight, 3D modeling, terrain generation, display technologies, digital video, Windows, Unix, Linux
· Experience working in a Microsoft Visual Studio development environment.
· Must possess superior communication, presentation, and writing skills.
· U.S citizenship and the ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
· Previous experience with any of the following image generators/gaming engines:
o EPX-50, EP2
o VR Vantage
· The design, development, and maintenance of computer based virtual or gaming simulations
· Gaming software development
· Experienced user of Git, Atlassian Tools including; Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket.
Experience with Continuous Integration Environment tools like Jenkins and experience with automated testing.