The Information Security and Compliance Office (ISCO) is a part of the Data Science and Information Technology Program (DSITP) within Leidos Biomed. The ISCO provides IT security auditing, engineering, and incident response support for the Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research (FNLCR) and the National Cancer Institute – Frederick. The mission of the Information Systems Program is to develop an enterprise-level, consolidated information technology infrastructure that provides exceptional IT capabilities to the Frederick National Labs for Cancer Research (NCI-Frederick/FNLCR) in support of basic, translational, and clinical cancer and AIDS research. ISCO supports the life cycle of information security for the scientific mission and administrative functions of the NCI-Frederick/FNLCR, to ensure the availability of information systems, protect the integrity of information, and protect the confidentiality of intellectual property and patient data.
- Ensuring NCI-Frederick/FNLCR information systems maintains appropriate operational security posture consistent with the FISMA, working in close collaboration with information system owners
- Performing and analyzing vulnerability scan reports
- Tracking status of open plan of action and milestones (POA amp;M) items associated with NCI-Frederick/FNLCR information systems and notifying system owners of upcoming milestones
- Validating remedial action taken to close POA amp;M items using both automated and manual techniques on NCI-Frederick/FNLCR information systems
- Performing and analyzing compliance scan reports to support system authorizations
- Assisting in the remediation and validation of high risk vulnerabilities
- Serving as a technical advisor on matters involving the remediation of security vulnerabilities on NCI-Frederick/FNLCR information systems
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Possession of a Bachelor's degree in biomedical science/math/computer related field from an accredited college or university according to the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or four (4) years related experience in lieu of degree. Master's degree preferred.
- A minimum of six (6) years progressively responsible job related experience. Experience must include functioning as an analyst or equivalent for compliance auditing, information security, information systems, or related. Must also have web application/service penetration test experience.
- Work independently and make decisions regarding complex issues with appropriate consultation of peers, cross-functional teams, and supervisors
- Must be analytical and able to analyze complex information, synthesize disparate data sources, and communicate effectively
- Must be able to develop technical documentation and non-technical presentations; and, express information in a clear, concise, and organized manner, both verbally and in writing
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Previous experience supporting the implementation of a vulnerability management program
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks/projects
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JBLeidos ICBJMETA ICGP400