Leidos is looking for a Windows system administrator to assist in the following tasks:
- Design, implement and test the creation of system runbooks and playbooks to provide instructions to the team about how to handle new and emerging IT incidents
- Work with team to design and implement best practices system architectures using both physical and virtual environments
- Research best practices in system administration and architecture, and document findings for team to help guide decision making
- Maintaining Windows based servers, SANs, and Virtualization services. An ideal candidate would:
- Participate in technical projects; log all activities in a ticket system; document and update records of all work done; respond and fulfill inquires via electronic mail in timely fashion; routes and directs inquiries to appropriate groups within the program;
- Provide technical support, execute service requests and answer general how to questions in a IT network environment;
- Perform other job related duties as required.
- BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
Basic Qualifications (Must have)
- Experience with Windows Server/Workstation Operating System
Desired skills (Preferred but not required)
- Experience with Information Technology hardware and software support
- Experience with Windows batch files and Powershell
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and/or Azure Cloud
- Configuring and troubleshooting Windows Server Administration Roles and Features, such as, AD, ADFS, DHCP, DNS, GPO, etc.
- Understanding of IT best practices
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to multitask and operate with minimal supervision, adjusting priorities accordingly
- Demonstrate willingness to learn and adapt to changes in technology
- IT or security certifications in IT, Windows, networking, and security
- Have working knowledge and experience of Windows operating systems;
- Understand computer hardware and software, and basic computer networking in a business network environment;
- Tools experience with Antivirus, firewalls, IPS, Patch Management
- Knowledge and experience with Active Directory, IIS, Clustering/Load Balancing
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JBLeidos ICBJMETA ICGP400