Leidos is looking for an information system security risk analyst to assist in security administration, data analytics and event monitoring.
- Independently establish system security documentation, assisting with the implementation of security procedures, and verify information system security requirements
- Stay current with system vulnerabilities and provide current security training to all system users.
- Design, implement and test state-of-the-art secure operating systems, networks, and database solutions.
- Participate in technical projects; log all activities in a ticket system; document and update records of all work done; respond and fulfill inquires via electronic mail in timely fashion; routes and directs inquiries to appropriate groups within the program;
- Provide technical support, execute service requests and answer general how to questions in a IT network environment;
- Perform other job related duties as required.
Other potential duties could include:
- Ensuring compliance to governing documents and security policies and assist in regulatory periodic assessments.
- Implementing and testing state-of-the-art secure operating systems, networks, and database solutions.
- Staying current with system vulnerabilities and provide current security training to all system users.
- Conducting risk assessments and provide recommendations for secure implementation and compliance in accordance with government regulations and information assurance/cybersecurity guidelines.
- Creating, maintaining and submitting information system security documents and reports to regulatory agencies.
- Assessing and mitigating system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle.
- Validating system security requirements definition and analysis.
- Establishing system security documentation, assisting with the implementation of security procedures, and verify information system security requirements.
- Performing information system certification and accreditation planning, testing, assessing and liaison activities.
- Providing architectural / risk based analysis of information assurance / cyber security features and relate existing system to future needs and trends and requirements.
LeadGen<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office />
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 2 years of professional experience; or no experience required with a related Masters degree.
Candidates with a high school diploma will need an additional 4 years of experience.
Candidates with an associates degree will need an additional 2 years of experience.
Basic qualifications (Must have)
Desired skills (Would give a candidate an edge but are not required)
- Experience with Linux and Windows Server/Workstation Operating System
- Experience with Information Technology hardware and software support
The ideal candidate would have the following skill set (not required)
- Experience with Windows batch files, Powershell and Linux scripts
- Experience with configuring and troubleshooting Windows Server Administration Roles and Features, such as, AD, ADFS, DHCP, DNS, GPO, etc.
- An understanding of IT Security best practices
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for work in a collaborative team environment
- The ability to multitask and operate with minimal supervision, adjusting priorities accordingly
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and adapt to changes in technology
- IT or security certifications in Linux, Windows, network and security
- Working knowledge and experience of Linux and Windows operating systems;
- Understand computer hardware and software, and basic computer networking in a business network environment;
- Security tools experience with Anti Virus, firewalls, IPS, etc.
- Computer system logging and auditing experience, data search and parsing using basic data analytics skills;
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JBLeidos ICBJMETA ICGP400