Leidos is seeking an Electrical Engineer to provide support at SPAWAR Systems Center, San Diego, CA. The position will support the design, manufacture, and test of acoustic sensor systems for unmanned underwater vehicle (UUV) applications. This position requires an active DoD Secret clearance for consideration.
Candidate must have the ability to work well with diverse personalities, a positive outlook, and professional demeanor are expected for this position. The successful candidate will provide direct project support with the following responsibilities:
- Collect requirements from customer and Leidos engineers then plan, conduct, and document all phases of underwater sensor acoustic testing. Will also collect, maintain, organize, and archive all resulting test data.
- Read and interpret circuit diagrams and electrical schematics
- Produce detailed test plans, procedures, and reports, then present those test results to the customer
- Evaluation of system or equipment performance against electrical codes and standards
EDUCATION amp; EXPERIENCE:
- DoD Secret Security Clearance
- BSEE with 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or MSEE and 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience
- Understanding of underwater acoustics theory, sensors, support electronics, and test techniques
- Prior experience with unmanned underwater vehicles and associated, sensors, data acquisition systems and processing
- Good working knowledge of analog and digital electronics including: circuit design, schematic capture, printed circuit board layout, circuit card assembly, test and troubleshooting techniques. Duties will include soldering (assemble and rework) of printed circuit boards with fine-pitch SMT components under a microscope.
- Capable of generating schematics, parts lists, mechanical and electrical drawings, specifications, work orders, and test procedures
- Expert user of standard electronic test equipment; oscilloscopes, multi-meters, function generators, spectrum analyzers, etc.
- Experience creating test procedures, status reports, meeting summaries, etc.
- Frequent user of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Prior experience with unmanned vehicles and associated sensors.
- Experience using National Instruments LabView, Matlab, and Altium design software.
- Familiarity with programmable logic devices (FPGA, CPLD, etc.) and their development with high-level description languages (Verilog, VHDL)
- Embedded microcontroller hardware and software development
- Willing to support field service, support, and test activities on an as-needed basis at off-site test facilities and at sea.
- Willing to work on boats, potentially during inclement weather.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JBLeidos ICBJMETA ICGP500