Leidos is looking for a HIPAA Investigator / Paralegal/Legal Assistant II to join our team in our Atlanta, GA office. The ideal candidate will follow established guidelines to investigate possible Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Act of 1996 complaints. Gather, prepare, summarize relevant materials for use by attorneys and other legal counsel. Maintain case files of new and existing complaints; perform legal research; indexes, track documents being sent to possible complainants. Respond to citizen correspondence and telephone calls.
All applicants resumes must specifically state the experience, skills, and training listed in the Basic Qualifications.
- Experience reviewing and analyzing documents
- Comprehensive knowledge of the application of health information privacy laws to covered entities
- Prior experience conducting investigations and resolving difficult and complex matters
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to develop partnerships with external and internal stakeholders to advance the agency s mission
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills (i.e. Expertise in legal research, including use of LexisNexis and Westlaw, or equivalent, writing, and analytics)
- Knowledge of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Act of 1996 and ability to use this knowledge in performing tasking;
- J.D. or master s degree (preferably in health or related field)
- Experience in public speaking Leidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company's diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JBLeidos ICBJMETA ICGP500