Job Description: The Navy Array Technical Support Center (NATSC) is the depot-level repair activity for US Navy surface ship and submarine towed sonar arrays. It is a Government Owned-Contractor Operated (GOCO) facility located at the Navy Undersea Warfare Center, Division Newport, and Naval Station Newport, in Newport RI. Along with the depot the Government provides a warehouse/staging facility for material packaging, shipping, receipt, inspection, and storage. The successful candidate(s) will be documentation Configuration Analysts of the NATSC towed array depot.
As such they will:
1. Be responsible for configuration management issues associated with maintaining and controlling all documentation configuration management
2. Regularly upload revised documentation into the MasterControl Document Control System and removed expired content
3. Regularly audit and ensure all hardcopy work procedures being used on the work floor are the latest revisions; remove expired hardcopy and replace as necessary.
EDUCATION amp; EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience. or a minimum of 3 years’ experience directly supporting NATSC configuration management activities.
Must be able to obtain and retain a US DOD security clearance at the SECRET level.
Prior experience using computer/network-based documentation management systems.
1. Prior configuration management/document control experience in an industrial environment.
2. Familiarity with Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Division Newport and DOD data systems security and information assurance policies and procedures.
3. Prior experience using/supporting MasterControl Document Control Software.