The Maritime Systems Division (MSD) of Leidos’ Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) develops and deploys advanced technology solutions that address existing and emerging maritime missions of national importance for a broad range of customers across the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community, other governmental agencies and commercial clients. MSD is currently seeking a qualified, experienced engineer to fill the position of Computer Engineer
, to lead and coordinate the design, prototyping and support production of advanced ocean sensor systems and payload subsystems, and integration of those systems with manned and unmanned maritime platforms. Current and future projects span advanced concept and prototype development, low-rate initial production and full-rate production. Position will require regular travel to and coordination with engineering activities at other Leidos facilities, in multiple locations across the United States. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the Program Managers and the customer with research and development, design, and initial production and testing of ocean hardware systems.
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to identify, perform and document system trades related to system design, performance and manufacturing.
- Work with a distributed team of highly skilled software developers developing the next generation of autonomous unmanned systems
- Working with Allen Bradley PLC’s using Rockwell Factory Talk View Studio
- Designing and developing new Allen Bradley PLC based control systems
- UML Software Design using Enterprise Architect or similar tool
- Use scripting languages, such as Bask and Python
- Software development in an Agile Scrum environment
- Configure network switches including VLANS, Rapid Spanning Tree, and Multiple Spanning Tree’s
EDUCATION amp; EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Computer or Software Engineering and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Hands-on expertise with C/C++
- Hands-on expertise with Linux
- Master’s degree in Software, Computer, or Electrical Engineering.
- Existing security clearance is highly desirable
- Experience with High Availability systems and OpenSAF middleware
- Experience with Data Distribution System (DDS) implementation
- Embedded software development using Linux
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JBLeidos ICBJMETA ICGP500