The Navy Array Technical Support Center (NATSC) is the depot-level repair activity for US Navy surface ship and submarine towed sonar arrays. It is a Government Owned-Contractor Operated (GOCO) facility located at the Navy Undersea Warfare Center, Division Newport, and Naval Station Newport, in Newport RI. Along with the depot the Government provides a warehouse/staging facility for material packaging, shipping, receipt, inspection, and storage. The successful candidate will be the Electrical Engineer for the NATSC towed array depot. As such they will: Conduct engineering investigations, as assigned, to resolve issues reported via NATSC Trouble Reports using industry best practices. Include calculations (weights, measures and dimensions, stresses, specific gravity, volts/amps/ohms) as appropriate.
Provide a report of investigation findings including investigation and test methodologies used, tests accomplished, ideas considered and recommendation(s) made. If recommendations include building something, include a diagram and list of materials.
Conduct/assist with investigations related to material and equipment obsolescence issues and determine suitable replacements.Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline
• At least one year of prior NATSC engineering experience.
• Able to obtain/maintain DOD security clearance at the Secret level.
• Able to generate reports and presentations using Microsoft Office Suite
• Thorough knowledge of current surface and submarine towed sonar arrays/modules and their testing and repair procedures.
• Experience with the layout and operation of NATSC capital equipment used for towed array module repair and testing.
• Familiar with use of the NATSC Depot Application (NDA) and MasterControl Document Control Software
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JBLeidos ICBJMETA ICGP500