Our Defense and Intelligence Group of Leido has an opening for a System Administrator.
- Perform systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area networks. Desktop system management responsibilities involving account monitoring, security, Operating System (OS) installation, and other local area system administration related functions.
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problem
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers • Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process • Configure and manage UNIX and Windows operating systems
Installs/loads operating system and application software
- Isolate and resolve of hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof
- Troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Integrate new technologies into new and existing systems including the transition and migration of corporate systems
- HS Diploma or GED with 10 Years of relevant experience, OR Associate's Degree with 8 Years of relevant experience, OR Bachelor's Degree with 6 years of relevant experience, OR Master's Degree with 4 Years of relevant experience OR PhD.
- Active TS/SCI
- Experience with both Windows Server and Windows 7 administration.
- Excellent communication skills in team environments as well as on individual projects are mandatory.
- The ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing to end users and management.
- IAT Level II - Must have one of the following: CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, Security+, SSCP (or higher).
- Communication skills to effectively interface with military officials, managers, and subordinates.
- Experience with US military Intelligence networks and organizations.
- Experience with SCCM desktop management suite.
- Experience with virtual desktop brokers.
- Certifications such as MCSE, Security+, CCNA, CCNP, NetApp, and ITIL v3.
- Experience deploying production virtual environments (e.g. thin clients).
- Experience with Windows software packaging and deployment automation.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JBLeidos ICBJMETA ICGP500