Leidos is working on a Department of Energy (DOE) IT program, and is in the process of identifying a high-performance team to include Network Operations positions (listed below). This program will be primarily located in the Washington, DC Metro area with some support also required in Albuquerque, NM.
These positions provide a managed operations, administration, and maintenance (OA amp;M) solution, engineering included, for networks that power customer seats.
Network Engineering and Operations
These positions will provide for all systems engineering, system administration, and system monitoring functions associated with the operations and maintenance of seat customer LAN, MAN, and WAN networks, and Trusted Internet Connection (TIC). The network management solution shall comprise a highly available network capability with a fully converged network infrastructure that integrates data, video, and voice services. The network infrastructure must be maintained in accordance with all applicable Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) requirements, information sharing and safeguarding (IS amp;S) guidelines, and other Federal cybersecurity mandates.
These positions will also provide a complete fault, configuration, accounting, performance, and continuous monitoring capability with maintenance and monitoring, patch and update management, administrative services, service desk, license management, and incident and problem. This also includes providing a remote access service that enables end users to work anywhere, on any device, with full access to the managed seat services.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in an IT-related discipline or equivalent and two (2) years of general experience. Six (6) years of general experience is considered equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree. With a Master’s degree one (1) year of general experience is required. With a PhD, no additional general experience is required
• Experience with LAN, MAN, and WAN networks
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Strong aptitude to learn and adapt to new technologies, methods, processes, and procedures
• Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize work
• Ability to pass the initial PIV access background check to achieve a DOE public trust clearance
• Ability to obtain an “L” (Secret) or “Q” (Top Secret) level clearance
• Experience supporting DOE or other government agencies
• Experience with network security, including TIC and security monitoring capabilities
• Experience with Cisco networking components
• Knowledge of ITIL service management concepts
• Current DOE Public Trust, “L” (Secret) or “Q” (Top Secret) level clearance
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JBLeidos ICBJMETA ICGP500