Leidos is currently looking for a Senior Hardware Technician at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. This position is in support of the I2TS-3 contract.
The Senior Hardware Technician organizes and directs hardware installations across multiple sites, and analyzes and recommends hardware specifications for project-unique or modified commercial hardware. Assists with building simulations of proposed systems and provides hardware throughput analyses to system engineers. Designs and verifies test harnesses/simulated interfaces for all test and integration phases. Prepares Mean-Time-Between-Failure and Mean-Time-To-Repair analyses. Analyzes operational data to identify choke points, failure modes, and other data for design or maintainability improvements.Primary Responsibilities
• Provide hardware engineering expertise to analyze complex hardware systems, hardware design, architecture, network design and other technical hardware issues
• Procure and perform acceptance testing on equipment
• Provide hardware maintenance support, both preventative and remedial. Deploy, install, and implement hardware at Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside Continental United States (OCONUS)
• Prepares specifications for hardware by analyzing documented and derived system requirements
• Conduct site surveys
• Prepares engineering plans and site Technical Design Packages
• Organize and direct hardware installations. Configure (and document configuration of) computers, networking devices and various peripheral equipment.
• Prepare site installation and test reports. Ensure that problems have been properly identified and solutions will satisfy the user’s requirements
• Prepare reports and recommendations concerning existing and emerging hardware technologies• Provide specific input to the hardware components of system design to include end-user devices, servers, networking devices, data storage devices, and specialized processors
HSD or GED with 8 Years of relevant experience
OR Associate's Degree with 6 Years of relevant experience
OR Bachelor's Degree with 4 Years of relevant experience
OR Master's Degree with 2 Years of relevant experience
Clearance: Active TS/SCI required at time of hire.
Certifications at time of hire:
This position requires DoD Directive 85570.01M Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II certification; candidates require one of the following: CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, Security+, SSCPPreferred Qualifications Bachelor's Degree in relevant field I2TS3