Leidos is currently looking for a Hardware Support/Maintenance Technician at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. This position is in support of the I2TS-3 contract. This position is in direct support of NGIC in Charlottesville, VA.
The Hardware Support/Maintenance Technician will perform scheduled maintenance to ensure consistent and reliable service availability to the U.S. Army INSCOM customers. The requirement to perform specific scheduled maintenance may result from manufacturers’ recommended service intervals, alerts and bulletins, available patches and updates, directions from the unit’s change management process, as well as other sources (to include Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs)).
The Hardware Support/Maintenance Technician will also maintain the sites hardware asset inventory in the Government's Army System Integration Database (ASID). The contractor shall employ ASID in accordance with the site’s configuration management and inventory controls. The contractor shall support the unit's equipment receipt and control management business process. The contractor shall document, manage, and maintain the sites hardware baseline and manage and maintain a configuration library for the site’s configuration documentation identified by the local Configuration Management Board (CMB).Primary Responsibilities
• Conducts hardware maintenance and minor installations on equipment listed in the specified task order and understands the inter-operational relationships of all components to the extent required to perform maintenance services
• Undertakes minor system tasks (e.g., loading software, rebooting systems) in support of hardware maintenance and operations functions
• Installs and incorporates new releases, updates, or other changes to COTS hardware and software (diagnostics failures or potential failure predictions)
• Operates and applies automated hardware management and diagnostics systems (to include remote management and diagnostics) and interprets findings to maintain, repair, or upgrade hardware
• Plans, executes, and provides recommendations for preventative maintenance as approved by government personnel
• Provides recommendations on spares, spares program, planning, and tracking operational spares and bench stock• Provides technical assistance to responding field service personnel
HSD or GED with 10 Years of relevant experience
OR Associate's Degree with 8 Years of relevant experience
OR Bachelor's Degree with 6 Years of relevant experience
OR Master's Degree with 4 Years of relevant experience
Clearance: Active TS/SCI required at time of hire.
Certifications at time of hire:
This position requires DoD Directive 85570.01M Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II certification; candidates require one of the following: CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, Security+, SSCPPreferred Qualifications . Bachelor's Degree in relevant field I2TS3