Leidos is currently looking for a Sr. Systems Administrator at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. This position is in support of the I2TS-3 contract. This position is in direct support of the 902nd MI Group in Stuttgart, GE.
The Sr. Systems Administrator shall provide administration and support for the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 and 2012 client management tool. Contractor personnel shall ensure the latest approved applicable software and updates are deployed to required workstations or servers, within the organizational Military Intelligence forest. This effort will include the day-to-day support of the INSCOM AD and Exchange environment.
The Sr. Systems Administrator shall install and configure sites with System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) within the MI forest, create collections using basic query and direct membership rules, program advertisements and update software update packages using the Distribute Software Updates Wizard (DSUW). The Systems Administrator shall manage security permissions, perform basic troubleshooting using SCCM status messages and log files, test collections before deployment, and document the process using best practices and INSCOM Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). The Senior Systems Administrator shall track issues to ensure that all identified problems have been resolved before product release, configure server technologies such AD, Domain Name Server (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), SCCM, Internet Information Services (IIS), SQL Server and provide incident and problem resolution. As part of this requirement, the contractor shall ensure rapid response to field requests and logged incidents in accordance with the performance requirements summary.
The Sr. Systems Administrator shall perform administration, maintenance, diagnosis and restoration on all network systems/applications. Support shall include providing application administration to desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area networks; desktop system management responsibilities involving account monitoring, security, Operating System (OS) installation, and other administration related functions. Support may include Government directed design and integration of new applications into new and existing systems, including the transition and migration of corporate systems.
The Systems Administrator shall be the primary administrator for all VMware and Microsoft based systems/servers to include but not limited to Non-Classified Internet Protocol Router (NIPR) and Secure Internet Protocol Router (SIPR) within the infrastructure and only secondarily will provide limited administrative assistance with other common operating systems (e.g., Linux, UNIX). The contractor shall provide Microsoft Enterprise system administration services to systems and network assets in support of deployment during Continuity of Operations (COOP) exercise.Primary Responsibilities
• Perform systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area networks. Desktop system management responsibilities involving account monitoring, security, Operating System (OS) installation, and other local area system administration related functions.
• Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
• Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
• Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
• Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problem
• Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers • Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process • Configure and manage UNIX and Windows operating systems
• Installs/loads operating system and application software
• Isolate and resolve of hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof
• Troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance• Integrate new technologies into new and existing systems including the transition and migration of corporate systems.
HSD or GED with 8 Years of relevant experience
OR Associate's Degree with 6 Years of relevant experience
OR Bachelor's Degree with 4 Years of relevant experience
OR Master's Degree with 2 Years of relevant experience
Clearance: Active TS required at time of hire.
Certifications at time of hire:
This position requires DoD Directive 85570.01M IAT Level II - Must have one of the following: CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, Security+, SSCPPreferred Qualifications
• Relevant Microsoft certification.
• Advanced at designing, evaluating, maintaining, and troubleshooting Windows Server 2012 R2 using the most current technologies.
• Knowledge of the following systems and tools: SCCM, Hyper-V, CommVault, SQL, IIS, SMTP, DHCP, DNS, ACAS, HBSS.
• Experienced with patching and system upgrades that occurs in a classified environment.
• Experience with BMC Remedy IT Service Management software.
• Experience working with demanding high ranking customers and staff.