Leidos is currently looking for a Database Administrator at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. This position is in support of the I2TS-3 contract.
The Database Administrator shall provide systems administration support for the core networks including analysis, design, software installation, partitioning, patch installation, device driver installation and configuration, testing, performance optimization, preventive maintenance, documentation, document workflow (FEITH) design and support, file system management, backup, and recovery operations. Systems shall remain operational 98% of the time excluding hardware failures or other incidents that are out of the Contractor’s control.
The Database Administrator shall also conduct the below:
Ensure data integrity within the NAS/SAN storage infrastructure by evaluating, implementing and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
Ensure data recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations, and shall support media management through internal methods and procedures or through offsite storage and retrieval services.
Provide operator training and high level user/operator guides for all upgraded capabilities. The contractor shall conduct training sessions for individuals and groups of users as required. Update and maintain all user manuals, quick reference guides, on- line help, and multi-media tutorials for all modules in the INSCOM data systems.
Maintain and monitor current production modules of INSCOM database systems and perform all required database support for INSCOM database systems.
Setup, configure, maintain and upgrade work on the Army Investigative Enterprise Solution (AIES) Personnel Security Investigation Portal (PSIP) Database Management System (DBMS) and its host servers.
Coordinate with the System Administrator to partition the SAN for database use, develop standard operating procedures, test and install appropriate server upgrades and patches.
Perform daily, weekly and monthly backups of the DBMS, its data and hosts; conduct periodic restoration tests of backed up data and support Disaster Recovery and Support incident response policies and procedures including reporting and resolution.
Provide monthly database reports regarding SQL Server usage, uptime, and capacity to the COR/TTM.
The contractor shall perform analysis to expand and update data models. This includes identifying the processes required by each MSC to develop and input data for the associated management processes.Primary Responsibilities
• Maintains the integrity, security and availability of multiple database(s)
• Duties include disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data • Administers, maintains, develops and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database
• Evaluates and recommends available database management system (DBMS) products
• Performs database and software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements.
• Performs Oracle, SQL Server, SYBASE, and other DBMS Database and Application server administration
• Organizes and formats data for efficient query and storage processesIn addition, directs the monitoring, administrating, and implementing performance on database systems as well as database performance optimization, developing/changing database indices, redesigning database structure and reloading data into a database. Coordinates database architecture changes with Database Engineer (DBE)s. Directs the installation of database management systems, databases, tables and views. Directs the administration and use of current and emerging database tools, strategies and technologies.
HSD or GED with 8 Years of relevant experience
OR Associate's Degree with 6 Years of relevant experience
OR Bachelor's Degree with 4 Years of relevant experience
OR Master's Degree with 2 Years of relevant experience
Clearance: Active TS/SCI required at time of hire.
Certifications at time of hire:
This position requires DoD Directive 85570.01M IAT Level II - Must have one of the following: CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, Security+, SSCPPreferred Qualifications . Bachelor's Degree in relevant field I2TS3