Leidos is currently looking for a Service Desk Specialist at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. This position is in support of the I2TS-3 contract. This position is in direct support of the 902nd MI Group in Stuttgart, GE.
Service Desk Specialist shall provide the Service Desk with subject matter expert capability to administer and maintain Windows desktop operating system and VMWare. Service Desk Specialist shall monitor performance, ensure connectivity, and assist in the development and implementation of a service request management system and answer service requests to troubleshoot workstations, peripherals, and phones, to include office automation software and business systems. Service Desk Specialist shall coordinate troubleshooting procedures, install patches, software, anti-virus/anti-spyware definition files and approved images as required. The contractor shall check for unauthorized software, resolve highly complex issues (e.g., software fixes, compatibility issues, etc.), and perform work area walkthroughs as necessary to ensure compliance with Department of Army Information Assurance standards. In addition, the contractor shall support incident response reporting and resolution, and Risk Management Framework (RMF) activities, to include operating system compliance with Department of Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Secure Technical Information Guidelines (STIGs) and necessary documentation to support.Primary Responsibilities
• Provides first contact and incident resolution to customers with hardware, software, and application problems. Includes both customer telephone support as well as electronically submitted requests
• Provides polite and friendly customer service
• Attempts to resolve as many incidents during the first contact, or at Tier I. Efficiently escalates incidents to higher Tier II or Tier III when required
• Documents incident status and solutions in incident database tools.
• Possesses current working knowledge of computers, printers, laptops, and common windows applications
• Works through various types Tier II issues with telephone assist• Provides answers to Frequently Asked Questions or solutions to common problems as part of a customer self help capability
HSD or GED with 8 Years of relevant experience
OR Associate's Degree with 6 Years of relevant experience
OR Bachelor's Degree with 4 Years of relevant experience
OR Master's Degree with 2 Years of relevant experience,
Clearance: Active TS/SCI required at time of hire.
Certifications at time of hire:
This position requires DoD Directive 85570.01M IAT Level II - Must have one of the following: CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, Security+, SSCPPreferred Qualifications Bachelor's Degree in relevant field I2TS3