Leidos is currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer in Fort Meade, MD. This position is in support of the I2TS-3 contract.
The Senior Software Engineer oversees one or more software development teams and ensures the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project. Designs or implements complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints. Perform quality control on team products. Confers with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces. Coordinates software system installation and monitors equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met. Implements recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standardsPrimary Responsibilities
• Develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements
• Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of COTS/GOTS in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components
• Designs, implements, and integrates software applications or performs software engineering tasks
• Utilizes software engineering and design methodologies appropriate to the development, integration, and production environment
• Ensures efficient delivery of software engineering capabilities using industry standards and repeatable processes • Mitigates risks, controls costs and schedule variance, and effectively manages large scale, integrated software projects
• Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results• Manage the transition and migration of networks and development of network addressing schemes
• Interacts with the Government regarding Network Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts
• Ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Network Engineering area of responsibility• Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives
HSD or GED with 10 Years of relevant experience
OR Associate's Degree with 8 Years of relevant experience
OR Bachelor's Degree with 6 Years of relevant experience
OR Master's Degree with 4 Years of relevant experience
Clearance: Active TS/SCI required at time of hire.
Certifications at time of hire:
This position requires DoD Directive 85570.01M IAT Level II - Must have one of the following: CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, Security+, SSCPPreferred Qualifications
Proficient in .NET, C++, Java, and/or Perl and demonstrated expertise in development of Web applications.