Description:The Health Products and Solutions group is currently seeking a storage admin/engineer lead to support a large healthcare contract in Baltimore.
Standard Job Description:
Performs a variety of activities related to the engineering and administration of Data Storage System. Works for the CMS/VDC Programs and provides Data Storage System architectural design/administration. Must have deep technical knowledge of major storage platforms (Array, VTL, Tape, DASD, NAS, SAN, Etc.). Must have team leadership ability and superior customer service skills. Detailed Job Description:
Provide professional and effective technical leadership, from a Data Storage discipline, under high stress/high impact IT (Crisis) situations. Must be able to provide professional customer service and work effectively with government clients to design and architect technical solutions as it relates to Data Storage solutions. Must have Deep understanding and high levels of technical knowledge for all disciplines that support the storage devices. Examples: Switches, Brocade Switches, Load Balancers, cabling, and all other devices that could be part of a SAN network fabric.
- Ability to engineer, design, implement, data storage solutions in complex data center environments
- Experience with EMC, Hitachi, NetApp and other major storage solutions (hardware and software)
- Can research, design, propose solutions in written and verbal formats to design teams, senior management, and high ranking customers
- Professional level knowledge with networks, protocol stacks, packet transition through network fabric
- 3 Zone architecture (DEV, VAL, PROD)
- Ability to research and recommend maintenance support agreements that will meet the needs of the mission.
- Storage solutions for both Distributed and Mainframe systems.
- Ensure performance and availability SLAs are met or exceeded.
- Develop effective collaboration and relationships with technical teams to identify and implement creative solutions that automate, reduce risks, improve system availability within security and best practice guidelines.
- Must be effective with technical issue troubleshooting, isolation, mitigation, and recovery planning
BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. Leidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JBLeidos ICBJMETA ICGP500