Leidos is seeking a Systems or Ocean Engineer to work in Lynnwood, WA. The selected candidate will be responsible for:
• Requirements analysis, allocation, and derivation
• Definition of system internal and external interfaces
• Development of System Concept of Operation and Product Architecture
• Risk management
• System level trade studies and analyses in conjunction with specialty engineering (e.g. Reliability, Safety, etc.)
• Works with multidisciplinary team to ensure that customer requirements are understood, implemented, and verified through all stages of design, analysis, prototyping, and production of Leidos products.
• Includes coordination with electrical, mechanical, and software designers and test engineers throughout product development cycle.
• Interacting with customers, suppliers, and company leadership, engineering, and production.
Works as team member or independently depending on project size.
Experience: Maritime experience greatly preferred; experience with UUVs, AUVs, USVs, acoustic communications, optical communications, signal processing and navigation and control is specifically desired, . Experience with IBM Rational suite of system engineering tool preferred.
Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.