Leidos is looking for a Chief Engineer for a contract in the Newport News, VA area supporting the Army Training Information System (ATIS) that provides the US Army an enterprise capability to enable a Training Environment with a single system for scheduling, development, learning content management, training management, and training resource management, for all individual and collective training and education.
The Chief Engineer (CE) is responsible for the technical baseline of the program, to provide overall direction to the technical staff. Also supports the Program Manager in performing the contract in an agile development environment implementing Oracle/PeopleSoft applications using Oracle/Solaris operating system, database, and tools.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: (list daily duties and/or specific job responsibilities)
The CE will establish and maintain the technical roadmap for the program, emphasizing industry best practices and opportunities to bring innovation to the contract and will:
• Guide the agile development approach using Oracle/PeopleSoft applications, database and tools
• Ensure the Integrated Management Schedule (IMS) is maintained across all project activities, and the integration of technical activities, i.e. software development, database architecture, integration, testing, information assurance, configuration management and deployment.
• Ensure completeness, accuracy, timely submission, and compliance for all contract deliverables. The CE communicates orally and in writing with the customer in technical interchange meetings and program reviews with government and corporate managers.
• Monitor engineering and technical activities and projects and applicable cost accounts/schedules to minimize costs, meet schedule requirements, and manage risks/opportunities.
• Continually identify and implement engineering and development improvements and efficiencies.
• B.S. or B.A. degree
• Must possess or have ability to obtain a Secret security clearance at contract start
• Must be willing to work in Newport News, VA full time with periodic CONUS travel.
• Experience in Agile development with Oracle/PeopleSoft applications, database and tools
• Understanding of security requirements to achieve authorization to operate (ATO)
• 10 years of relevant experience