The Maritime Integration and Mission Systems Operation of Leidos has a career opportunity for a Chief Engineer to take the lead in developing new strategic solutions and offerings that provide clear discriminators for the operation in the DoD Intelligence and Command and Control solutions market. Our customers are in the midst of a major transformation of their systems and computing environments and this role will assist us in establishing thought leadership and the delivery of well-engineered solutions. This key position will be ideally located at our office in Aberdeen, Md, however could be out of our Alexandria, VA and/or Reston, VA offices.
As the Chief Engineer, you will lead the technical execution of all program delivery and engineering inputs to key strategic captures with a focus on ensuring the technical solution and program plan is developed around the Development Lifecycle. YOu are the key technical lead for proposal and solutions development. You will also work closely with management to achieve goals; develop a strategic plan; and align technical and SE strategies within the Operation.
• Lead, develop and grow a multi-disciplined engineering teams in the development and delivery of technical offerings as well as the development of cross-organizational technical solutions aligned with key captures; and provide oversight of new and ongoing programs.
• Implement mature engineering processes in line with current technology trends such as Agile Software development.
• Provide leadership in developing prototypes, demonstrations and interfacing with existing and potential new customers in support of key captures and extensions of existing programs.
• Facilitate alignment of solution development across the organization, to the extent practical, to a common set of development frameworks, tools and processes to generate discriminating solutions that reduce delivery timelines and development costs.
• Organize and review technical quality of contract activities in conjunction with quality staff.
• Provide support to red program recovery for root cause analysis and corrective action on technical matters.
• Ensure proper technical participation in proposal Color review teams.
• Develop project plans in support of full Program of Record captures, with full EVM compliance.
• Partner with managers in identifying and evaluating company technical capabilities to strengthen proposals, key technologies, and investment strategies directed toward company growth.
• Evaluate technical capabilities of prospective and existing vendors, subcontractors and partners.
• Develop and oversee engineering mentoring program to ensure continued growth of the technical and system engineering expertise within the organization.
• Coordinate across the operation as well as the group to develop cross organizational solutions.
• Support program reviews with senior management on matters concerning technical solution, readiness, or program risk.
• Create a course of action for problem resolution that requires assessing program/capture risks, conceiving new/innovative solutions, predicting outcomes, and/or developing new solutions.
• Develop solutions to technical problems where little or no precedence exists, innovation at the highest level is always required, and consistently extends the boundaries of existing knowledge.
• Create creative program solutions to resolve challenging cost, technical and schedule issues associated with delivery of RDT amp;E, EMD, LRIP, and FRP programs.
• Communication skills necessary to advise, counsel, and/or guide people on extremely complex or controversial matters and ability to handle difficult negotiations requiring a well-developed sense of strategy, timing, debating skills, and persuasion.
• Requires a master’s degree in a related technical field plus fifteen years of experience or a bachelor’s degree with 20 years of experience.
• Proven experience in leading engineering teams that have developed and delivered innovative technical solutions that have led to the generation of new business and the realization of customer satisfaction.
• Must have demonstrated delivery across the full life cycle of program and system engineering domains.
• Ability to make boardroom level presentations and change the thinking of, or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: U.S. citizenship and an active Top Secret clearance. Must be eligible to obtain SCI.
• Recognized authority in the profession who is capable of handling the most technical, system engineering and program issues.
• INCOSE Certified Systems Engineering Professional
• Recognized professional within the Army’s C2 community as an engineering thought leader.
• Experience with DOD Acquisition Process
• Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) certification