Job Description: Leidos Cyber is seeking an analyst to be part of a dynamic Cyber Threat Intelligence Team within the Commercial Markets organization. The selected candidate will be responsible for producing integrated threat and technical intelligence products regarding cyber threats of relevance to Company. Responsibilities:
- Produce threat intelligence providing situation awareness of cyber threats impacting Company’s global network infrastructure.
- Help develop and follows processes and workflows governing development of intelligence products.
- Work within the intelligence lifecycle, including conducting analysis and producing robust reporting.
- Collaborate with technical analysts to provide indications and warnings and conduct predictive analysis of potential malicious activity.
- Proactively research emerging cyber threats. Apply analytical understanding of hacker methodologies and tactics, system vulnerabilities and key indicators of attacks and exploits.
- Understand and experience in evaluating nation-state, hacktivists, and cybercriminal capabilities and activity.
- Ability to identify trends in cyberspace with regards to adversary tactics, techniques, and procedures, targeting, malware development and implementation.
- Communicate to team members and senior leadership both quantifiable and qualifiable cyber risk to the enterprise though operational briefings and threat intelligence reports.
- Help to create intelligence reporting methods that communicate effectively to every level of the organization.
- Stay abreast of world-wide events that are indicators of developing trends for situational awareness.
- Blend cyber threat and technical intelligence to create products that provide actionable intelligence and situational awareness.
- Identify potential new sources of information and integrates numerous types of cyber security data sources into cyber threat analysis products.
- Develop briefings and associated materials and deliver in-depth presentations to Company leadership including but not limited to the Board of Directors, heads of Business units, partners, and information technology professionals.
- Collaborate using information and knowledge sharing networks and professional relationships to achieve common goals. Leverage government and private organizations to share threat information and best practices to influence program outcomes.
- Respond to and ensures requests for information are answered in a thorough and expedient manner.
- Assist in the development of Standard Operation Procedures.
- Respond to “requests for information”.
- Mentor less experienced team members.
- Coordinate resources during enterprise incident response efforts, driving incidents to resolution.
- Employ advanced forensic tools and techniques for attack reconstruction and intelligence gathering.
- Perform network traffic analysis utilizing raw packet data, net flow, IDS, and custom sensor output as it pertains to the cyber security of communications networks.
- Utilize understanding of attack signatures, tactics, techniques and procedures associated with advanced threats.
- Bachelor’s degree in Intelligence Studies, Computer Science, Law, Information Security Political Science or related studies. An additional 3 years of direct experience working in cyber threat intelligence or information security unit can be substituted for degree.
- Minimum of 3-8 years related cyber threat intelligence and information security experience in a large global organization.
- Previous intelligence, law enforcement or private sector intelligence experience.
- Experience in a developing following the intelligence processes, creating analytic products, and metrics.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Comfortable communicating with contacts ranging from C-level executives to technical engineers and analysts.
- Ability to work varying work hours and operate in an on call status if required.
- Familiarity with cyber security threats, defenses, motivations and techniques.
- Familiarity with security concerns facing large enterprises and government agencies.
- Experience with intelligence analysis tools, methods and the intelligence life cycle.
- Experience performing open source research.
- Experience performing link, trend and temporal analysis.
- Experience distilling raw information into actionable intelligence.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and Microsoft Publisher.
- 4+ years related Cyber Threat Intelligence and Information Security experience in a large global organization.
- Master’s Degree in Intelligence studies, Computer Science, Law, Information Security Political Science or related studies.
- Previous experience participating in working groups with the oil and gas sector and/or with the United States Government.
- Experience using Analyst Notebook, Palantir, or other similar data analysis/intelligence analysis tools.
- Previous experience in an integrated cyber threat intelligence group within the US Government or private sector.
- Operational understanding of TCP/IP and computer networking. Knowledge of the functions of security technologies such as IPS/IDS, Firewalls, Security Information and Event Management tools, etc.
- Possession of industry standard certification such as CISSP, CISM, CEH and/or intelligence analysis certificates.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JBLeidos ICBJMETA ICGP500