Services shall include Title III wire monitoring, transcription and translation of audio and documentation by technically qualified and experienced native-speaking language specialists, proofing, editing and client consulting for the product assessment, glossary development, and final production layout and output in the required media format (hardcopy or electronic as requested).
The required fields of expertise include, but are not limited to, the translation of business, legal, medical and technical documents; manuals, web sites, multimedia, intranet, video, audio and software localization in accordance with the requirements and timeframes designated by Leidos on each assignment. The consulting employee shall listen to live or recorded video and audio conversations and shall translate/transcribe same into the English language and native language equivalent.
During the keying or review of any source conversations, the consulting employee shall note the conversation as detailed as possible as instructed by the Leidos program manager or project supervisor. The consulting employee shall provide quality multilingual translations that are accurate, clear, and culturally and politically sensitive to the social environment of the target reader/audience.
Requires a BA degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
3.0.Language Proficiency Requirements.
At a minimum, each translator/linguist shall have:
• Sufficient English language comprehension to be able to understand and respond to oral and written communication;
• The ability to understand basic elements of speech in a standard dialect. Standard dialect refers to the listening skill that is the ability to understand the essentials of all speech in a standard dialect including technical discussion within a special field;
• Skills necessary to listen and comprehend the required foreign language(s) with native or near-native ability; and ability to follow accurately the basic elements of conversations and telephone calls;
• Skills necessary to read and comprehend the required foreign language with native or near-native ability, and to read and understand various text-types;
• Ability to comprehend slang and colloquial expressions in the required foreign language and translate them into their English equivalent;
• Effective understanding of face-to-face speech with sufficiently broad vocabulary that
paraphrasing or explanations are unnecessary;
• Ability to work well under pressure to meet specific deadlines;
• Language proficiency rating of three (3) or above in speaking, listening, reading, writing, and congruity judgment in the target language and a proficiency rating of three (3) or above in speaking, listening, reading, writing, and congruity judgment in English. The Subcontractor shall provide such language testing in accordance with testing and evaluation standards used by the Interagency Language Roundtable (http://www.govtilr.org/index.html).
4.0 WORK HOURS AND LOCATION.
The customer requires that all work be conducted at a DHS ICE monitoring facility or at a Leidos corporate facility (i.e., working from home/telecommuting is not permitted due to security considerations). Leidos facilities will be available to the consulting employee as needed. The consulting employee may need to provide labor hours in above, under or in excess of 40 hours per work week to include holidays, weekends, and/or during irregular times and shifts based upon operations. The consulting employee will be paid vacation and holiday pay in accordance with SCA regulations regarding temporary/sporadic workers. The consulting employee will be paid overtime according to state laws. All over time must be approved in writing by the PM.
5.0 LEIDOS CORPORATE FACILITIES AND EQUIPMENT.
Due to security considerations, work must only be conducted using corporate computers and all work must be conducted at a corporate facilities. The consulting employee may not use personal computers to conduct work on this contract and may not process or store any work outside of legitimate corporate facility (home residences may not be used for storage of DHS work product).
The consulting employee must either be a U.S. citizen or a Lawful Permanent Resident who is in the U.S. legally with proper work status.
The consulting employee must possess a current, valid clearance in order to work on this contract. Such clearance will be verified by Leidos security prior to commencement of any work on this contract.