Leidos currently has an opening for an Information Systems Security Officer
(ISSO) that develops and produces state of the art training and simulation systems. The position requires a current DoD security clearance; sign-on bonus and/or relocation assistance available to well qualified candidates.
- Perform regular audits of Information Systems (IS), including review of system audit logs, verification and maintenance of regular backups of the IS, and inventorying of IS components
- Brief team members of their IS responsibilities
- Creating and Managing user accounts on the IS
- Assisting the Facility Security Officer (FSO) for regular Media inventory
- Assisting the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) in preparing the IS for periodic reaccreditation
- Ensure the implementation of security measures in accordance with the MSSP and ISSM’s guidance.
- Identify and document any unique threats to the Information Systems
- Perform periodic Risk Assessments of the Information Systems
- Develop and implement certification tests of the IS, as required by the CSA and ISSM
- Assist with the maintenance of the MSSP and Supplemental SSPs for all information systems within the facility
- Ensure that each IS within the facility has an active Configuration Management Program
- Be a part of the Configuration Management Program for each IS within the facility
- Ensure that unauthorized personnel are not granted use of, or access to, any IS within the facility
- Ensure that system recovery processes are monitored and tested to ensure that security features and logs are properly restored
- Assist with the implementation of facility procedures, under the direction of the ISSM, to include media handling, security incident handling, IS User Briefings, and IS security reviews and audits
- Assist with the evaluation of changes or additions to the IS within the facility, work with the ISSM to determine security relevance, and make recommendations for approval or denial to the ISSM.
- Providing general technical support to users and general system administrator support
EDUCATION amp; EXPERIENCE:
- Requires BS degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience. Select certifications may be substituted for the education requirement.
- Candidate must have strong experience in supporting Red Hat Enterprise Linux Version 6 and 7 including experience in supporting Microsoft; Windows in a Domain environment. Linux and Windows experience may be concurrent.
- Candidate must have direct experience with maintaining and troubleshooting server and PC hardware, and be familiar with VMware virtualization.
- Candidate must demonstrate a general commitment to excellence and a dedication to producing quality work results.
- Candidate must be committed to customer service, well organized, able to plan and prioritize assignments, and able to successfully handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Candidate must be able to work with minimal supervision and work well under deadlines, frequently with quick turnaround.
- Candidate must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, and be able to work successfully in a team environment.
- Position requires an active DoD Secret security clearance.
- Linux script development.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JBLeidos ICBJMETA ICGP500