Leidos’s Military amp; Veterans Health Solutions Group has an opportunity for a Budget Analyst in San Diego, CA.
Serves as the lead budget analyst for the Warfighter Performance Department at the Naval Health Research Center. This position is responsible for analyzing current and past budgets, preparing and justifying budget requests, and allocating funds according to priorities of individual investigators and the overall department.
Specific Responsibilities include:
· Support the development and execution of spending plans.
· Analyze spending patterns and make recommendations to department head and Principal Investigators (PIs).
· Provide technical assistance and support for the set-up, execution, monitoring, reporting, and analysis of appropriated funds.
· Provide technical expertise and advice on the allocation of funds to labor, travel, contracts, equipment, and other necessary project costs.
· Support the coverage of all project costs.
· Support the continuous review and reporting of status of funds.
· Analyze the status of funds and make adjustments to plans when necessary.
· Estimate future funding requirements.
· Coordinate with the command fiscal department in order to provide budget expertise and advice on future budget needs in compliance with government regulations.
· Examine project budget documents for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations.
· Work with the command fiscal department to reconcile financial discrepancies.
This position requires the ability to make a multitude of complex decisions involving the correct and expeditious handling of federal funds.
Possession of Bachelor’s Degree (finance, business administration, or a related field is preferred). Four years of budgetary experience. Two years’ experience with military or government budgeting, with knowledge in government procurement is preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Excellent customer service skills. Excellent written and oral communication. Superior attention to detail.
US Citizenship is required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET government security clearance.