Leidos is currently looking for an experienced Workflow Team Lead to support linguist operations in various languages supporting a DoD customer in the National Capital Region (NCR). The Workflow Team Lead will be part of a management structure responsible for assigning tasks, relaying management requirements, and training team members. The team will work in a dynamic team environment and ensure the efficient flow of source media and documents through the screening and translation workflow process. The Workflow Team Lead will be responsible for providing:
- Customer service – being responsive to customer requests, defining and documenting new projects, seeking feedback, and documenting customer needs, and maintaining customer relationships. The Workflow Team Lead is the primary operational customer interface for all active translation projects.
- Workflow management – Creating, maintaining, and tracking project entries; assigning personnel; monitoring production and project status; and providing recurring weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad-hoc reports and metrics.
- Computer Assisted Translation (CAT) tool – Create packages and projects for translation memory and terminology management projects, developing and maintaining SOPs.
- Process improvement - assess gaps and make recommendations for improvement in processes, procedures, translation standards, and the function and behavior of software tools and programs used in the various stages of the translation and workflow processes.
- Quality assurance – assessing projects for adherence to quality standards and SOPS, providing feedback and correction to other linguists and workflow coordinators
Workflow Team Leads may also be given the opportunity to participate in directed training to increase their mission related knowledge, understanding of various translation tools, and linguistic skill. Must currently possess TS/SCI. Candidate will be required to pass a polygraph and subject interview prior to starting on the project. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The primary responsibilities of the workflow coordinator are:
- Ensure the efficient flow of media through the exploitation process
- Create, maintain, and track batch entries through the translation tools
- Import, assign, and ensure completion of translation projects
- Record and maintain metadata associated with processed media and documents
- Receive, assign, and ensure completion of translation requests
- Report on the status of translation requests
- Disseminate gists and translations
- Maintain customer DOMEX databases and tools
- Cross-train team Workflow Team members
- Demonstrate time management and organizational skills
- Brief senior leadership on the status of translation projects and on operational highlights
- Compose briefings and metrics reports related to translation production
- Provide input on software development related to the translation workflow
This exciting position also has the potential to allow individuals, on a temporary basis, to work on specialized projects and/or deploy on worldwide assignments.Qualifications:MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- TS/SCI clearance
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and active-listening skills.
- Two years of experience in linguist operations (i.e. translation, language analysis)
- Two years of experience performing media examination for Document and Media Exploitation projects
- Two year of experience managing linguists
- Sufficient technical aptitude to gain a working knowledge on job-required tools and processes (On-the-job training may be provided as needed to address customer-specific needs, with ongoing evaluations throughout train-up period).
- Achieve a minimum score of a 3 in respective foreign language and 3+ in English for Reading, Listening, Speaking, and Writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects on a tight deadline
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and brief all levels of management
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 8+ years experience in one of the following fields: Engineering, Computer Science, Chemistry, Physics, Legal, Medical, Banking and Financing, Foreign Military.
- Experience with linguist task assignments amp; workflows.
- Demonstrated history of working on screening or translation projects and in maintaining the integrity and meaning of the translated material.
- Ability to comprehend, write, and speak in a clear and concise manner and pronunciation in the specified foreign language and English.
- Team player who is able to prioritize and effectively manage his/her own matrixed team and multiple competing priorities.
- Excellent time-management and multi-tasking
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in a professional manner (email, spoken, amp; reports).
- Ability to make sound decisions and handle stress, while meeting deadlines and performing in a high-paced environment.
- Possess a working proficiency in standard computer systems and office programs, with additional experience in media examination tools, project management tools, workflow tools, and CAT/HLT tools
- Past performance as a media examiner in support of DOD or IC customers.
- Familiarity with Document and Media Exploitation (DOMEX) processes and specialized tools (i.e. FTK, enCase, or similar).
- Experience with Six Sigma or other management techniques
- Advanced knowledge of standard business applications, with particular emphasis on Acrobat, Oracle (queries amp; reports), SQL, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- Trados Certification for Translators (Level 1) or Project Managers.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JBLeidos ICBJMETA ICGP500