The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Lab Tech to work in our Annapolis Junction, MD office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping a critical mission program. In this mission, the selected candidate will be responsible for racking and stacking of various hardware components such as: Storage gear and filers, routers and switches, Blade Centers, KVM switches, and various servers and hardware. He/she will document deployment Packages (Microsoft Excel), Rack Elevations (Microsoft Excel), Master Cable Lists (Microsoft Excel), and Wiring Diagrams (Visio), and ensure accuracy of all the existing lists. Tasking will include initial creation of lists and maintenance of all lists/diagrams.
• Perform initial building of hardware components.
• Assist with Power, Space and Cooling for a lab that supports ~100 racks. Test rack power load to accurately track Watts being pushed out to ensure stability. Monitor equipment BTU’s to ensure all equipment is getting adequate air flow and cooling.
• Develop installation plans and coordinate redesign efforts with system administration and system engineering teams.
• Assist telecommunications technicians in trouble shooting.
• Assist with troubleshooting efforts of failed suspected failed components to include: working with hard drives, memory, CMOS batteries, RAID batteries, and test suspected failed cables with cable testers, swap out mother boards and processors.
• Operate electronics test equipment: fiber and copper test sets, OTDRs, multi-meters, etc.
• Plan and implement Data Center enhancements and undertake project work.
External Referral Eligible
BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience
• Ability to read and understand technical drawings and blueprints.
• Experience maintaining network and server documentation and diagrams.
• Experience with Data Center design and configuration (rack and stack, power, placement, etc.).
• Working knowledge of Industry Best Installation Practices including BICSI, NTISSMA 2/95 Red/Black Criteria, TIA/EIA 568B.1, 569B, 606, 607, NFPA and OSHA.
• Familiarity with network, server, and/or Data Center security accreditation and certification.
• Must be an independent thinker capable of working proficiently independently as well as within a team.
• Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices including compliance with maintenance windows and change control procedures.
• Must possess strong analytic abilities and must be meticulous and careful in their work.
• Familiarity with server/router/firewall configuration and application performance optimization functions.
• Experience with Network Security Technologies (e.g. Multiple Domain, PKI, SSP, Vulnerability Assessment).
• Knowledge of System Administration concepts and experience in a System Administration role beneficial.
• Experience with network and server component moves.
• Experience documenting and providing information for security accreditation and certification.
• Familiarity with copper cable/fiber, RG58/RG59, Telecommunications, Schematics, Flat wire, Multimeters, CAT5E, and OTDRs.