Candidate will be responsible for the operations and maintenance of multiple production systems across multiple domains. Duties include managing and performing weekly maintenance of Windows servers and hosted software to maintain a consistent software base line across systems. Candidate will work with Tier 1 and Tier 2 personnel to resolve incidents and provide engineering solutions to escalated incidents. Candidate will assist with training Tier 1 administrators on the complexities involved in monitoring, diagnosing and escalating incidents that occur on critical operational servers. Candidate will author, update, and review SOPs for Tier 1 and Tier 2. Candidate will serve as a primary interface with Tier 3 engineers and as such will provide requirements and expert advice as a stakeholder in development efforts. The Candidate will provide periodic on-call support during nights and weekends.
• BS in Computer Science or related field or significant hands-on experience working in technical positions;
• 8+ years of Windows Systems Administration experience with progressively complex responsibilities over the time period;
• No less than 4 years of Hands-on experience with installing, configuring and updating Windows 2012R2.
• No less than 4 years of experience as systems engineer responsible for writing requirements, developing and executing non-production validation of prospective O amp;M activities, and technical training;
• Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral forums.
• Ability to write PowerShell scripts for a variety of functions.
• Experience with Linux administration
• Expert knowledge of VMWare ESXi and VSphere
• Experience with systems engineering process in development
• Ability to lead technical teams
• ITIL certification
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JBLeidos ICBJMETA ICGP500