The Civil Health Operation of Leidos is seeking a Sr Data Scientist/Analyst in Baltimore, MD.
The candidate will build algorithms to meet business requirements and use statistical, mathematical, and predictive modelling skills to utilize a comprehensive platform for data analysis; use Business Intelligence tools to create analytical models; integrate data sets and work with multiple systems to extract and use data for deeper analysis; have the ability to use the Hadoop environment with Hive and MapReduce skills; be able to build programs in programming languages and scripts; have an understanding of and use skills for Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Statistical Analysis, Predictive Modelling, and Hypothesis Testing.
• Experience with statistical analysis and machine learning
• Proficiency with a scripting language (R, Python, or equivalent)
• Proficiency with SQL
• Proficiency at transforming data, data classification and translations, as well as resolving data quality and data cleansing
• Experience working in a Hadoop environment (Cloudera, Hortonworks, or equivalent), including proficiency with Pig, Hive, and Spark
• Must be able to pass a Federal Suitability Check for a position of public trust
• Excellent research, analytical, written and oral communications
• Comfortable as an individual contributor to team activities
• Experience with healthcare and healthcare systems
• Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Elasticsearch, or similar)
• Advanced skills/expertise in data mining, natural language processing (NLP), and/or distributed computing
• Intermediate design and use of relational databases including experience working with working knowledge of dimensional modeling, star schemas and working with time-series data
• Experienced software development lifecycle skills, including requirements gathering, agile methodology, and testing/profiling
Education and Certifications:
• Masters degree minimum (PhD preferred) from an accredited college in a related discipline
• 11 years of professional experience
• Over 3 years of practical hands-on work experience using Data Science methodologies and tooling outlined under “Required Skills” in this requisition
Requires US Citizen or US Person (Green Card Holder) with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.