Senior Unix Systems Engineer on a team providing AIX and Redhat Linux systems (Unix) support in a multi-site enterprise data center environment. <?xml:namespace prefix = o />
Description: Working independently and as part of a team, performs high-level systems analysis, evaluation, design, integration, documentation, and implementation of complex AIX/Redhat systems (Unix) supporting applications that require a thorough knowledge of administrative and technical skills. Performs all duties of AIX/Redhat administration including installation, configuration, securing, performance tuning and troubleshooting. Applies higher-level business or technical principles and methods to very difficult technical problems to arrive at an engineering solution. Prepares technical reports and related documentation, and makes charts and graphs as needed to record results. Prepare and deliver presentations and briefings as required by the Task Order. May be required to serve as Team Leader. Responsible for ensuring the quality and services delivered for particular task(s) for which this skill is performing the Team Leader position.
Qualifications: <?xml:namespace prefix = o />
- 10+ years’ experience as a Unix System Administrator – Operational experience with AIX 7.1 AIX 7.2, RHEL6 and RHEL7.
- 3+ years deploying Unix in a secured environments, i.e., DISA
- 3+ years using NIM and Redhat Satellite
- 3 + years using IBMs Hardware Management Console (HMC)
- 3 + years’ experience with Unix with proficiencies working with related storage subsystem interaction (IBM SVC, SDDPCM)
- Documenting system processes for Unix environments
Required HW Skills:
- IBM pSeries HW p7, and p8
- Hardware Management Console
- Hardware Profile Creation/Configuration using VIO NPIV – SAN N-port Virtualization on and VIO 802.1q vlan trunking.
Required SW Skills:
- Operating Systems: AIX Versions 7.1, RHEL6 and RHEL7
- IBM SW: PowerVM,
- Languages: Basic korn shell (ksh) scripting
- Other: Network Install Manager (NIM) Configuration and Operation for AIX and Redhat Satellite for Linux
- General Parallel File Systems (GPFS/Spectrum Scale)
- Experience with LPM (Logical Partition Mobility)
- BMC Remedy Change Management
- Complex korn shell (ksh) scripting
- Ability to apply user requirements to the analysis, planning, and design of technology systems.
- Ability to communicate problems and solutions both verbally and in writing to the Government Lead.
- Ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with speed and efficiency.
- Ability to work closely with others in a team environment
- Ability to interface with all customer levels.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
EDUCATION amp; EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain. Leidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JBLeidos ICBJMETA ICGP500