JOB DESCRIPTION:The Security Operations Center (SOC) Transformation Lead will work directly with the customer to ensure Security Operations are built according to business requirements, the project meets established deadlines, and ensures to the transformation from reactive to proactive cyber defense is executed on. The candidate will be responsible for developing and executing on transformation plans centered on the Cyber Kill Chain and Intelligence Driven Defense to mature SOC operations. The candidate must have a strong leadership background in managing 24X7 operations with experience in employee management, data security technologies, incident response, and process improvement.
- Responsible for aggregating data produced by Cyber Analysts performing Network, Application, Database, and Operating System monitoring functions to design a time-phased roadmap for SOC transformation.
- Work directly with the customer to identify requirements, provide a roadmap for transformation, and ensure customer goals are met.
- Provide SME level support in SOC operations and Cyber Kill Chain to transform from a consumer of cyber threat intelligence to a producer.
- Provide technical direction, leadership, and training of less experienced staff.
- Ensure project schedules and performance requirements are met
Education amp; Experience:
This position requires a BS in IT related field and 12+ years overall IT experience with 5+ years in SOC operations
· 5+ years demonstrated leadership experience.
5+ years managing 24x7 staff operations. Experience managing and working in a SecurityoperationsCenter
· Strong understanding of SIEM, log aggregation and measuring success through cyber metric analysis
· 3-5 years’ experience and understanding of network topologies, protocols, malware, botnets, and antivirus software
· 3-5 years experience and knowledge with IDS, HIDS, HIPS, Firewalls, Proxies
· Excellent verbal amp; written communication skills
Knowledge of Cyber Kill Chain
Understanding of Intelligence Driven DefenseLeidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JBLeidos ICBJMETA ICGP500