The Leidos NISC III program is looking for an experienced IT System Engineer to join our team in Washington, DC and support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The ideal candidate must be able to handle multiple mission critical IT projects from new development to sustainment. The candidate must have hands-on experience architecting and providing technical oversight for large and complex IT projects while ensuring a quality outcome and setting customer expectations.
This position is responsible for the architecture of IT solutions that includes complex systems for the federal government. The candidate must have experience planning and architecting IT systems from inception to closeout.
The candidate must have experience designing and implementing .NET, Model View Controller (MVC) framework, Oracle/MSSQL solutions. The candidate must have experience developing technical planning, rough order of magnitude (ROM, Context Diagram, Concept Diagrams, Risks, requirements analysis, functional analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation, interface definition, technical management, integration, system testing, and quality assurance. The candidate must have experience architecting technical refresh and converting legacy systems into web-based and cloud-based enterprise applications using load balancing technologies.
"External Referral Eligible"Qualifications:Basic qualifications:
- Proven experience architecting IT solutions to create or replace complex legacy IT systems from inception to closeout.
- Experience creating Project Charters, Conceptual Designs, System Specifications, Context and Concept diagrams.
- Experience providing systems engineering support to multiple IT projects simultaneously.
- Experience providing advice regarding the appropriate hardware and/or software to ensure that computer systems meet customer’s needs.
- Experience architecting and implementing fault tolerant .NET web-based applications using Cloud platforms. Deep understanding of DevOps engineering framework.
- Experience understanding of Federal Security Compliance Order(s) and implementation strategies.
- Experience providing rough order of magnitude cost estimates for proposed solutions.
- Experience evaluating current systems for effectiveness, making recommendations regarding the scalability of such systems, and troubleshooting any problems that arise during the use of the system. May be involved in a hands-on manner during the acquisition, installation, testing, and implementation phases of the project.
- Demonstrated experience orchestrating new and existing T solutions in large and complex application environments.
- Experience with full System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using waterfall, Agile or a combination of both.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of Agile methodology including Scrum and Kanban.
- Understanding of load balancing architecture.
- Experience with .NET C# Model View Controller (MVC) applications, GIT, web services oriented architectures, MS SQL and Microsoft SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services).
- Experienced with implementing and using configuration management for multi-environment IT applications.
- Experience using SharePoint, JIRA and Microsoft Project.
- Demonstrated ability to engage customers to resolve root cause issues in a positive, non-adversarial manner.
- Proven leadership skills, independent worker, and able to deliver with minimal or no supervision.
- Great organization skills to prioritize, follow up, deliver, and communicate status of assigned actions.
- Deep analytical skills to understand complex procedural problems, identify root causes, and provide solutions.
- Demonstrated customer-facing stance.
- Experience with conducting research on specified topics, performing trade studies, determining conclusions, and presenting the results in a logical and concise manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and pass FAA security screening for positions of public trust.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or similar area and 10+ years of professional experience or a Master’s degree in 8+ years of prior professional experience.
- Master’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Technology or related field.
- Experience with Functional Flow Block Diagrams and N2 diagrams.
- Experience with Systems Engineering tools like Vitech CORE, IBM Rational DOORS or Enterprise Architect.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect or AWS Certified DevOps Engineer or AWS Certified DevOps Engineer or AWS Certified SysOps Administrator or any other systems architect certifications.
- Previous experienced as backend developer for IT applications with complex business rules.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Familiarity with the Federal Government work environment.
- Familiarity with FAA configuration management and transitioning systems to operations including change control board, Application Data Center (ADC), Enterprise Data Center (EDC) and MKS tickets.
- Experience with the FAA IT security compliance process.
- Familiarity with Team Foundation Server (TFS), GIT and PDF converter dynamic libraries technologies.
- Experience with Enterprise Architecture, DOT and NIST Security and Privacy Standards, and Contingency Planning guidelines.
- Skilled in the use of Systems Engineering management tools.
- Knowledge of and experience managing FAA Knowledge Sharing Network (KSN).
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.