Leidos is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer for an airborne intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (AISR) program, located in our Alexandria Va offices.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing leadership and technical oversight of Electronic Warfare (EW) and Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) capabilities, actively supporting the system development, integration and testing. Candidate will provide EW amp; SIGINT technical leadership, and the ability to lead a challenging multi-company team, to successfully deliver a full spectrum EW amp; SIGINT systems and to provide a technical roadmap of future capabilities.
Candidate should possess subject matter expertise of the EW and SIGINT technical fields and has the ability to identify innovative solutions to extremely complex, multi-faceted technical problems. Must possess the ability to manage complex, strategic projects and programs than span organizational / corporate boundaries as well as select, recruit, mentor, train and promote key team members. The Senior Systems Engineer will serve as the primary customer EW amp; SIGINT system interfaces and primary interface to senior/executive management for reporting of EW amp; SIGINT systems progress.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
Design and development of signal collection, processing and dissemination systems.
Develops and maintains the EW amp; SIGINT systems architectures.
Work with the other system architects on the larger converged RF system architecture.
Develop requirements analysis and integrates new EW amp; SIGINT processing technology systems.
Perform trade studies, performance analysis and requirement flow down and management.
Design, develop and analyze systems for the extraction of information from signals and implementation of signal processing with advanced computer architectures.
Candidate will also be responsible for managing the EW amp; SIGINT IPT, execution of contract tasks by working with the individual task order program leads to manage financial and contractual aspects of the program. Provide technical work direction and guidance to cross-functional development, integration, test and evaluation, and production teams (software, electrical, mechanical, etc.). As well as assisting in the coordination of proposals, business plans, and proposal work statements, including acting as a liaison with the customer for the program EW related activities.
Preferred located is Northern Virginia (ASIO HQ). 25% travel may be required to subcontractor and support site visits, with willingness for occasional international travel.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a related technical discipline (major in Computer/Electrical Engineering) and 15 years overall experience.
- 10+ year’s progressive experience in the Electronic Warfare (EW) and Signals Intelligence Systems designs and ops.
- 5+ years direct supervisory experience managing geographically separated team management experience.
- Broad technology experience in airborne ISR systems, systems engineering, ISR sensors, communications, workstations, ground stations and requirements tracking and flow-down. "Hands-on" experience integrating complex ISR systems and sensors on aircraft is required.
- Expertise with requirements generation, analysis and definition
- Experience with the design, development, integration, testing, and sustainment of all varieties of electronic warfare equipment and countermeasures
- Knowledge of threat radar and communication systems, including RF signal processing designs and techniques comprehension of electronic warfare intelligence data systems and databases and how they are used in programming or reprogramming electronic warfare systems
- Civilian and/or military experience with AISR programs.
- Proven civilian and/or military leadership experience managing large programs with diverse locations and 20+ personnel.
- Possess strong problem-solving, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project and Outlook).
- Active Top Secret security clearance with SCI (or is SCI eligible)
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- A Master of Science degree preferred
- Experience with the management of ISR system development, testing, operations and sustainment.
- Demonstrated Business Development experience is highly desired.