Leidos is a science and technology solutions leader built on a legacy of daring innovation and outstanding accomplishment. Leidos’ 33,000 employees support vital missions with our government and commercial customers and, together, solve some of the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and healthcare markets. Leidos employees transform problems into opportunities for their customers to meet their goals and advance their endeavors.
Leidos is looking for a high performing Document Manager to fill a contractor position supporting the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of Defense Programs to establish and maintain program process documents for a nuclear weapon production program.
This is a full-time contractor-support position in Albuquerque, NM.
The Nuclear Weapon Program Document Manager will be responsible for assisting a new program to establish process documentation, create standardized templates, and establish and maintain a document and configuration management protocol for the program. Specifically the duties will include:
• Assisting program engineers and managers with technical writing tasks and deliverables.
• Organizing, writing, and editing content for technical and process documents.
• Creating and maintaining electronic file templates and standards and standardizing content across platforms and media.
• Controlling documents in accordance with the configuration management plan.
• Updating and monitoring the requirements database.
• Maintaining a document repository with configuration control, possibly in SharePoint.
• Attending program reviews, conferences, workshops, and other program task related meetings; recording and transcribing meeting minutes and action items and publishing them to the appropriate audience.
External Referral Eligible
• Active DOE Q or DoD Top Secret clearance
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, technical writing, graphic arts and/or communication.
• Minimum of 4-8 years of related experience with document management and technical editing.
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite with particular emphasis on word processing, presentation and spreadsheet applications (MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel and SharePoint)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience in producing correspondence, briefings and program plans for senior and executive managers
Desired Education, Experience, and Skills:
• Related courses/training in science, engineering, technical, computer science, Web design, or business/technical undergraduate degree.
• Related experience in a government, DOE, or military office.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.