Leidos has a career opportunity for a highly-motivated Cyber Security Engineer to join their Cross Domain Cyber Security team at Fort Meade. You must have experience conducting vulnerability assessments and ensuring security compliance of Red Hat Linux systems to join our growing Information Security Practice based in Fort Meade Maryland. Successful candidates will join a team of successful problem solvers who like to dig in and find a solution. The candidate will join a multi-disciplinary team of security specialists, engineers, project managers and testing professionals responsible for operating and maintaining various Cross Domain Enterprise Solutions as well as staffing the Tier III helpdesk for those products. Knowledge and Skills
- Configuration hardening, assessment, and forensics experience with Linux and Windows servers
- Host-based network access control and VPN technologies
- Management of software amp; package vulnerabilities, patching, and related technical amp; operational functions
- Guiding customers in implementing host-based security strategies on a large scale across a variety of environments
- Host-based intrusion detection and prevention (state-based, event-based, signature-based)
- Remediation of a wide range of server and application related security issues
- Knowledge and experience implementing DISA database and application STIGs
Education and Experience
Basic Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 10+ years of related experience (14 years of experience is required without a degree).
- Server virtualization and security issues around it.
- Knowledge of security issues of implementing solutions in cloud environments (MilCloud, etc) is a big plus, as is experience with FedRAMP.
- One or more DoD 8570 required certifications like CISSP, CEH, or Security+.
- Candidates must possess an active Secret clearance.
Additional Desirable Qualifications
- Experience with cross domain solutions.
- Experience configuring switches, routers, and load balancers.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Basic familiarity with Risk Management Framework.
- Comfortable directly interacting with customers and users.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.