<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Database Engineer to work in our Annapolis Junction, MD office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting a mission critical program. The Database Engineer must be able to efficiently investigate complex database issues and provide solutions to technical leadership. The successful candidate will have the ability to effectively interface with team members, software developers, customers, and senior-level management to influence program-wide decisions, efficiently investigate complex database issues, and provide solutions to technical leadership. They will be expected to review existing data models to understand and provide recommendations for improvement to the data architecture. Solutions developed to support the customer's needs will be written using SQL, PL/SQL, and scripting languages. Other tasks may include data conversion, and other database-centric process improvement initiatives.
External Referral Eligible
• BS degree with 8+ years related experience
• Must have at least 5 years general experience as a Database Administrator to include experience with tasks such as data migration, data replication, user administration, backup and recovery, and general DBA tasks.
• Must have at least 5 years of Oracle Database Administration experience.
• Must have at least 5 years of experience with Linux (RHEL).
• Must have 3 years of shell scripting experience.
• Must have 3 years of experience with real time highly available data replication technologies such as Oracle Data Guard, Oracle Streams, Oracle Golden Gate, Sybase Replication Server.
• Proven top tier communication skills, both verbally and written.
• Must be an independent thinker capable of working proficiently independently as well as within a team.
• Must have an active Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph Clearance
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related discipline
• Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
• At least 7 years of experience with Oracle Grid/RAC in a Linux environment.
• At least 7 years of Oracle Database Administration experience.
• At least 5 years of experience working with real time database replication in a production environment – Oracle Data Guard, Oracle Streams, Oracle GoldenGate, or Sybase Replication Server.