The purpose of the TSA Technology Infrastructure Modernization (TIM) program is to obtain services to operate the current TIM System, complete development of the TIM Next Generation (TIMNG) with Open Source Systems components, and complete transition of the TSA Legacy Credentialing systems so that they can be decommissioned. TIMNG will improve delivery methods, facilitate closer interaction with customers, and be more adaptive to evolving requirements. The objective of this program is to obtain services that effectively, efficiently and economically provide a sustainable Information Technology (IT) infrastructure for the TSA’s TIM system.
DevSecOps seeks to achieve greater efficiency and productivity through team collaboration and incorporating security principles. This position requires an increased focus on collaboration (both within and between teams), automation and building security as you go.
The selected candidate will participate in progressing DevOps capabilities including automated testing, continuous integration, automated deployment, distributed CM, and modern development tools. As a member of a high-performing team the selected candidate must be passionate about their trade, focused on mission and system quality, security and supportive of timely delivery of features and capabilities. The successful candidate must demonstrate effective communication skills and a desire to have fun with your work as the position may require frequent internal interactions with teammates in other geographical locations. Primary Responsibilities
- Creates and maintains the infrastructure, including continuous integration, automated builds amp; deployment, and automated end-to-end testing
- Matures and maintains security procedures and tools
- Experience in performing security vulnerability assessments
- Creates tools, platforms, and environments for Demos, product testing, and software releases
- Creates products, utilities, scripts, and tools to automate builds, deployment, and testing.
- Investigate and resolve security violations by providing postmortem analysis to illuminate the issue, and identify causes, possible solutions, and preventative measures
- Builds and maintains development amp; testing environments and production-equivalent staging environments.
- Troubleshoots Operational tests, releases, software defects, and other issues.
- Acts as liaison with other stakeholders, such as, data/service providers, infrastructure admins, software developers, FOSS/COTS vendors, etc.
EDUCATION amp; EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
- Must have strong teamwork skills; Demonstrated understanding of agile development within a scrum team
- Comfortable working hand-in-hand with development to support overall business requirements
- Well-rounded background in host, network and application security including knowledge of internet security issues and threat landscape
- Demonstrable knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, application security, and experience supporting multi-tier web / application architectures
Experience including developing, deploying and supporting cloud and/or database architected systems
Strong scripting skills
Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Preferred Qualifications List additional skills and experience that is “nice to have” but not required.
- Strong Java, C/C++, or Python programming experience
- System provisioning tool (Chef, Ansible, Puppet, etc.) experience
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.