The health products and solutions group is currently seeking a Senior Software Test Engineer to support a large healthcare contract in Baltimore. This position is contingent upon contract award.
The Senior Software Test Engineer will be responsible for testing updates and fixes to custom software applications. The testing will consist of manual and automated testing. The candidate will provide testing leadership and customer interactions for all levels of test from unit testing to User Acceptance testing. In addition, the candidate is expected to perform in a Scrum based SDLC. Candidate may also participate in requirements reviews to provide feedback on requirements and to ensure that functional requirements are testable and adequately documented to drive the test process. Assist in documentation review and updates. The Senior Software Test Engineer will report on the status of software quality to the Program and Project Manager. The Senior Software Test Engineer will report on the status of software testing (e.g., test case coverage, defects) directly to CMS to inform Go/No-Go decisions.
Key areas of responsibilities:
• Designing test strategies, test plans, and test cases from requirements and concepts of operations
• Execution of test cases including functional, regression, and system tests
• Reporting defects, tracking, validating and closing them as they get fixed
• Recording test results and reporting them
• Participation in daily scrum meetings and weekly test team meetings
Required Skills Experience:
• Typically requires BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
· Applications and systems development testing experience on Data Bases, Web-based applications and experience on the technical aspects of applications development projects through the full system development life cycle.
· Must have working knowledge of and experience with HP testing products.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience working in a fast paced environment
• US Citizenship or US Person (Green Card Holder) is required and must be able to obtain public trust clearance
• Experience with 508 compliance testing
• Experience working with automation tools
· Experience testing custom code (Java) applications, salesforce (or comparable COTS) supported applications, and Cloud based Hadoop supported applications