Leidos is seeking mid-level Software Engineers
to join a dynamic, growing team. At Leidos, we strive to provide engaging careers, a collaborative culture and career growth to develop a thriving workplace. If you are a qualified Software Engineer or Cybersecurity professional in Morgantown or surrounding areas and are interested in working in a rewarding environment, we would like to meet with you. Relocation assistance and Sign-on bonus are available to qualified, selected candidates. Positions requires US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD security clearance. JOB SUMMARY:
In this hands-on position, you will be responsible to help design, build, and enhance highly available, scalable, real time systems used by our customers worldwide. You will lead parts of projects through all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing. In addition, you will assist in determining and recommending the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines and other resource constraints.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters
- Own the delivery of part of a system or application, and serve as a technical lead on medium projects
- Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first
- Mentor other engineers in the art of software engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and a minimum of 5 years of software engineering experience.
- Strong proficiency using Java/C++
- Proficiency with web application technologies, such as Apache Tomcat, JBoss, etc.
- Knowledge of software design patterns.
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git)
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira)
- Proficiency with multiple operating systems (Mac OSX, Windows, LINUX, etc.).
- Proficiency with at least one Relational Database Management System (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.).
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, amp; PowerPoint).
- US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD TS security clearance.
TA_4 ASG/MIMSO ASG/MSIO
External Referral EligibleLeidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.