Leidos Energy amp; Systems Solutions is a trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to Leidos for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within: the Top 10 T amp;D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firms.
Currently, we have an opportunity for Associate Distribution Engineer for electric utility design engineering.
Responsibilities will include, both individually and as a team:
• Utility distribution design work package development including overhead, URD, and underground cable/conduit design work packages
• Coordinating conflicting utilities and other field engineering design requirements
• Assessment and development of design bid packages for complex cable/conduit projects in dense urban environments
• Maintain compliance with client's engineering and construction specifications,
• Work permit development
• Supporting emergency storm restoration by evaluating damage post event
• Bachelor’s Science Electrical, Civil, or Mechanical Engineering is required and 0-2 years of prior relevant experience: relevant experience working directly with an electric utility or an electric utility consulting company, performing design engineering (EIT preferred)
• Good verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
• Ability to walk 2 or more miles off-road
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.