Put your Java/C++ skills in action! Join a fast growing, hard-working, fun organization and take your experience to the next level.
The Leidos Health Products and Solutions Operation is seeking
talented Junior Software Engineers to join our center of excellence to help build, and enhance highly available, scalable, real time systems used by our customers worldwide. At Leidos we offer engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals and growth.
You will get the opportunity to small deliverables of projects through all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing. You will get a chance to exercise your judgment in determining and recommending the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines and other resource constraints. You will be challenged and provided a tremendous opportunity for growth in a customer facing, fast paced, agile environment.
• Design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug mission critical software source code using modern software development languages and tools, such as java
• Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters
• Use Jira, Confluence, Nexus, Stash-Git/Subversion development operations, collaboration and source control tools
• Support creation and updating of all relevant documentation and specifications for design, development and testing
• Identify potential roadblocks and develop around them
• Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics
• Develop maintainable code that matches specification
• Perform unit testing of code, including manipulation of data for analysis of system requirements
• Own the delivery of an small parts of a system or application
• Work closely with other senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development
• Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first.
• Position requires US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD security clearance.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and less than 2 years of combined experience, education, internships, course work and relevant system background.
• Solid experience with Java/C++ and object oriented programming (we will test you).
• A solid understanding of software development process fundamentals.
• A strong, self-motivated desire to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques.
• A keen since of humor.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: (list additional “pluses or nice to have” skills/experience)
• Familiarity with web application technologies, such as Apache Tomcat, JBoss, etc.
• Knowledge of a version control system (e.g., Git)
• Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
• Familiarity with multiple operating systems (Mac OSX, Windows, LINUX, etc.).
• Familiarity with at least one Relational Database Management System (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.).
• Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, amp; PowerPoint).
• Familiarity with NoSql databases (Apache Accumulo, MongoDB, etc.)
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.