Seeking a full-time mortgage specialist to support the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Office of Single Family Housing.
This position responds to inbound calls, email, and written correspondence from the lending industry and general public on FHA programs and policies. A Knowledge Base is utilized to answer questions including those of a technical nature. Detail information is entered into a database summarizing the contact including responses and referrals that were provided. Requests that cannot be resolved will be escalated to another department.
Relocation funding is not available for this position.
Position requires a flexible schedule, including the ability to work the closing shift from 11:30AM - 8:00PM Monday through Friday.
- 3 years of mortgage experience with at least 2 years of college, or 5 years of mortgage experience with a High School diploma.
- Mortgage experience must include at least one year in loan origination.
- Must be able to successfully obtain a government security clearance which includes a credit check and background investigation.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including the closing shift which is 11:30am to 8pm.
- Preferred FHA mortgage processing and origination experience.