Leidos Europe are looking for an experienced Information Assurance Analyst to join their large Information Systems (IS) team in Bristol.
Team Leidos is honoured to support the UK MOD’s Logistic Commodities amp; Services Transformation (LCS[T]) programme, a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain.
The scope of the position includes security engineering, security assessment and testing, and information system security activities that support complex systems from the perspective of sophisticated threat actors.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Security Operations Manager in all aspects of information assurance and auditing across a wide range of IS projects
- Support information system documentation to include:
- Information Security Management System (ISO27001)
- Security Concept of Operations
- Architectural overviews
- System Security Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- System configurations for devices and software performing security-relevant functions
- Vulnerability and penetration test results
- Information security incident reports
- System security performance metrics
- Information Asset Registers
- Review, evaluate and analyze all system security documentation to identify potential security weaknesses, recommend improvements to reduce vulnerabilities, implement changes and document security relevant changes
- Report on threat actor capabilities to clarify the details of security requirements or approaches and to implement solutions
- Perform research and assess the impacts of system modifications and technological advances on the system's security
- Conduct internal audits on all aspects of information assurance legislation
- Provide guidance to Information System owners to execute remedial activities against Non-conforming system audits
- Raise awareness, influence good information security behaviour and foster a culture of security best practice
- Engage with multiple stakeholders in both the Defence and Commercial supply chain
The successful candidate will most likely be an excellent communicator and collaborative worker with strong analytical skills and experience of Internal Auditing and Risk Management. They will have a working knowledge (or be prepared to research and understand) of the Data Protection Act, UK Companies Act, Sarbanes-Oxley etc.
This is a demanding role but has superb opportunities for the successful candidate to expand their experience into the wider security function. Depending on the knowledge/experience of the successful candidate there will be opportunities to support the Security Operations Manager to develop a Cyber programme and support the ongoing MoD bespoke IS accreditation activities
Key Results Area
- Implements HMG and MOD IA policy to Team Leidos information systems solution and Team Leidos information security strategy
- Synchronizes information assurance activity across all partner work streams, including training and awareness
- Conducts information assurance audits and develops solutions to reduce impact of identified risks.
- Develops strategies to comply with privacy, risk management, and re-authentication requirements.
- Provides information assurance support for the development and implementation of security architectures to meet new and evolving security requirements.
- Evaluates, develops and enhances information assurance requirements, policy and tools.
- Deliver projects to time within resources
- 5+ years of experience in a related field or Bachelor's Degree in related field.
- A minimum of two years of specialized experience as an ISSO or similar role including generating security documentation for requirements, assessment, compliance, Standard Operating Procedures, test results, etc.
- Good working knowledge of all aspects of information assurance legislation
- Strong desktop publishing skills utilizing Microsoft Word
- Experience with industry writing style such as grammar, sentence form, and structure.
- Strong initiative, detail orientation, organizational skills, aptitude for analytical thinking
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and as a part of a team
- Excellent work ethic and a high commitment to quality
- MoD/HMG Information Assurance experience required
- Able to obtain a UK SC Clearance
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.