The Civil Health Operation of Leidos is seeking a Lab Solutions Architect in Baltimore, MD who also has the skill, desire, and passion to continue hands-on development activities.
The candidate will be implementing prototypes using new technologies and innovative techniques. This individual will research, architect, develop, and/or modify enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software including DevOps, security, and data analytic solutions. We are seeking a highly qualified individual who will be involved in planning of system and development deployment as well as meeting software compliance standards with a particular focus involving integrations and data analytic solutions.
The architect will be involved in all stages of system development efforts, including requirements definition, design, implementation, testing, and support. It will be important for this person to feel comfortable communicating with executive management presenting architecture design, demonstrating reference implementations, and providing system recommendations based on the findings of the implementation.
This individual must be well versed in DevOps using industry standards and open source resources.
Education and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, or related field, and 11 years of relevant experience.
Proficiencies in DevOps
• Cloud infrastructure: AWS, Azure
• Virtual Environments: OpenStack, VirtualBox, Vagrant
• Containers: Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes
• Automation: Cloud Foundry
• Configuration: Puppet, Chef
Proficiencies in Data Analytics
• Hadoop: HDFS, Hive, Spark, HBase.
• Cloudera or Hortonworks CDH
• Data analysis software (e.g. Mahout, Rattle, Weka)
• No-SQL data stores: (e.g. Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Neo4j, HBase, Impala, Cassandra, Accumulo)
• RStudio amp; Shiny
• Predictive modeling: PMML
Proficiencies in development methods and techniques:
• Agile methodology: Scrum
• Collaboration tools: Wiki
• Source version control systems
• Continuous integration
• Automated testing
Proficiencies in technologies and coding languages:
• Java 6/7/8, JEE
• XML/XSL/XSD and XSLT
• R, Python, Scala, C++
• Linux, OS X, and Windows
• Web services
• Frameworks: JSP, Struts, Hibernate, Spring Framework, JWSDP and JAXB, JDBC, Drools
• Rapid Application Development: Node.js, React.js, Ruby on Rails, Grails, Angular.js
• Application servers: WebSphere, Tomcat, Apache, NGINX
Requires US Citizen or US Person with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.