Engineering Technician in the field of chemical biological protective equipment research for a customer-site position located within a U.S. Army research center. The candidate will participate in the execution of studies that include investigation into the development and testing of next generation personal protective materials and systems. The successful candidate will enhance the understanding of advanced capabilities resulting from an ongoing research and development program within a multi-disciplinary organization dedicated to discovery within the CBRN personal protective equipment area.
The candidate will perform work on sensitive projects to meet deliverables set forth by the customer. He/she will support joint efforts between our clients, subject matter experts, academia, various funding agencies, and their peers. The candidate will be responsible for following standard operating procedures, the use of analytical instrumentation and the collection amp; analysis of data for input into technical reports. Lab testing includes performing standard tests and working on method development activities with principle investigators. Test planning tasks and lab operation tasks can include developing required test procedure documentation, calibration, inventory, and waste management. The candidate will coordinate with lead scientists and project manager to review test results. The successful candidate must have the ability to collect, organize and track inputs from multiple resources. This candidate must be an independent thinker with the ability to work independently and as a team member.
• Function as a team member with other scientists in developing and testing CBRN personal protective equipment systems, materials, and filters.
• Generate test data and contributes to technical report development
• Execute experiments
• Perform work with chemical warfare agent simulants
• Report to on-site Leidos team lead and represent Leidos as prime contractor for the Edgewood Chemical and Biological Center
• Complete other duties assigned
EDUCATION amp; EXPERIENCE:
• Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Engineering Science, Engineering Technology, Materials Science, Chemistry, or other related discipline
• Experience using laboratory measurement/diagnostic tools (e.g. particle counters, flowmeters, particle analyzers, data acquisition software, etc)
• Strong organizational, communication, and writing skills
• Capability to learn new techniques
• Ability to obtain a Secret clearance
• U.S. citizenship
• Current Secret Clearance
• Experience working in a U.S. military research center
• Hands-on experience with laboratory techniques
• Experience in the analysis of personal protection equipment.
• Proficient in problem solving
• Strong computer skills
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.