The Veterans Health Operation is seeking a Solution Engineer within the CE/CTO Organization of the Health Group, focused on Veterans Health in Vienna, VA.
The selected candidate will work with Operations and Business Development personnel to understand customer needs and support the creation of solutions to those needs. They will bring these solutions forward through white papers, presentations, and proposal responses.
This position requires working within teams of people with diverse skills to develop comprehensive solutions ranging from IT applications and systems to full enterprise solutions, from program management activities to agency-wide operational support. The successful candidate will be able to conceptualize these solutions around key business needs and goals as solutions which benefit the customer as well as Leidos.
This position requires a broad understanding of technology and customers to support arriving at innovative and compelling solutions which differentiate Leidos from our competitors.
EDUCATION amp; EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
EFFECTIVE DATE: 01/02/2016
- Experience in three of the following areas: Networking, System Development, Software Development, Hardware Engineering, Operations, System Architecture, Cloud Architecture, Electronic Health Records, Information Assurance, ITIL Framework, Agile Development
- Strong communication skills (writing, speaking, and listening)
- Experience in writing for white papers, RFI responses, and proposals
- Experience in customer engagements
- Development and/or Operational program experience
- Experience with US Department of Veteran Affairs
- Experience engaging in business development and capture efforts
- Experience developing solutions for agile software development centers
- Experience with data center consolidation activities
- Experience developing solutions with Unified Communications