The successful candidate will serve as a member of the Network Operations team responsible for ensuring the continued operation and improvement of the United States Antarctic Program’s (USAP) network infrastructure, which spans three continents. This position shall be filled by one who is experienced but still a learner. Candidate is responsible for operating, maintaining, and improving Network Management Systems, which provide insight into the health and status of the USAP network. Additional responsibilities include supporting the operation and maintenance of the USAP enterprise network and providing tier-2 support to remote-site personnel for both network operations and network management systems. Network Management Systems include: Cisco Infrastructure Prime, Riverbed SteelCentral NetExpress, NetBrain, Zenoss Core, Cacti, and other custom applications. Candidate maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing such as routers, switches, firewalls, WAN accelerators, VoIP systems, and physical cabling infrastructure. Specific duties include:
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all enterprise network management systems.
- Ensure all network management systems function as intended.
- Ensure proper backups of configurations for all network devices.
- Perform or support audits of network systems to ensure compliance with enterprise standards.
- Create and maintain effective documentation associated with all job functions.
- Isolate faults and diagnose system failures to resolve problems in a methodical, thorough, and timely manner.
- Utilize change control procedures when making any network changes.
- May deploy to Antarctica (typically between 6 to 8 weeks in a year) to assist with installations, problem solving, or information gathering.
- Rotate 24x7 on-call support with other team members as required.
- Provide technical expertise to other teams as required.
- Excellent communication ability and the ability to work well with others in a diplomatic fashion is an essential skill.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
*** Deployment to Antarctica may be required at the discretion of management (approximately 6 to 8 weeks / year). The individual in the position must successfully complete the physical and dental examinations as required by the NSF for deploying to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action. *** External Referral Eligible
LeadGen<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
Typically requires a Bachelors degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 year of prior relevant experience. Candidate shall obtain a Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician (CCENT) certification (or equivalent) within six months of hire and a Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification (or equivalent) within 12 months of hire. Candidate must possess the following skills or capabilities:
- Basic understanding of network concepts and technologies, including routing and switching
- Familiarity with Network Management Systems in general
- Familiarity with SNMPv3
- Familiarity with Python programming
- Effectively able to convey thoughts and ideas using both written and verbal formats.
Desired skills include:
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) or greater certification
- Experience with Cisco Infrastructure Prime
- Experience with Riverbed SteelCentral NetExpress
- Experience with NetBrain
- Experience with Zenoss Core
- Experience with Cacti
- Experience with Red Hat Linux system administration
- Experience with the unique requirements of operating in Antarctica
*** Deployment to Antarctica may be required at the discretion of management (approximately 6 to 8 weeks / year). The individual in the position must successfully complete the physical and dental examinations as required by the NSF for deploying to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action. *** Leidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.