Provide subject matter expertise for the NISC III program's FAA Systems Operations Security Division as a Security Operations Procedures and Support Specialist.
The employee must provide specialized air navigation services related to the FAA National Airspace system (NAS) with air traffic requirements, air traffic policies and procedures, flight planning, flight operations, air traffic management centric security functions and assistance with emergency procedures. Primary duties for the position:
- Support the FAA Air Traffic Organization (ATO) emergency operations programs, including crisis response, continuity, contingency, and exercise activities.
- Employee will serve as a team member for the ATO National Headquarters Crisis Response and Emergency Operations Center in Washington, DC.
- Employee will draft Security policies and procedures on NAS Crisis Management and track the deployment of personnel for crisis response activities.
- Employee will support on a 24/7 basis the ATO Incident Response Management Center (AIRMAC) when activated at FAA Headquarters.
- Logs of all crisis response activities are to be maintained.
- Support FAA ATO security related programs related to Department of Defense (DOD) United States Strategic Command (USSSTRATCOM) classified missions for GPS testing.
Qualifications:Typical education and experience:
- Review classified DOD GPS information to assist in determining appropriate mitigation solutions as they pertain to the NAS.
- Typically requires a BA degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experienced professional with the ability to write FAA procedures and have previous knowledge to make recommendations for procedures.
- Top Secret clearance required.
- Experience with and thorough knowledge of FAA Special Operations and Procedures preferred.
- Background with Military Special Operations Procedures, FAA Special Interests flights, And Global Positioning System preferred.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.