Leidos currently has an amazing opportunity for an Avionics Systems Integration Engineer supporting our ASIO efforts at the Aberdeen Proving Grounds in Maryland.
The position is responsible for assisting leadership with the technical oversight, and day-to-day design, development, integration, and testing of a hardware and software system architecture to support the AISR system. The ideal candidate will have experience with airborne integration, test and providing a technical roadmap of future capabilities. Possesses subject matter expertise of airborne sensors, data links, integration processes, and has the ability to identify innovative solutions to extremely complex, multi-faceted technical problems. Day to day activities include technical execution; integration of government and contractor equipment, testing equipment and creating/updating documentation associated with integration activities. The Systems Integration Engineering will serve as the primary interface to the Integration Lead and Chief Engineer.25% travel will be required as needed to subcontractor and support site visits.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: The Systems Integration Engineer will be responsible for supporting design, development, integration, testing, and delivery of an airborne ISR Mission Equipment Payload (MEP) system for the collection, processing, exploitation, and dissemination of data collected by the AISR platform. Develops requirements analysis, system architecture, integrates existing components from the customer, and development new capabilities to meet new requirements. In this role, the Systems Integration Engineer, will be responsible for supporting the Mission Management Integration IPT, execution of contract tasks by working with the Integration Lead, task order project leads, and other technical leads of the organization. The Systems Integration Engineer will also be responsible for assisting in the coordination of proposal work statements, including acting as a liaison with sub-contractors for program related activities.
External Referral Eligible Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a related technical discipline (major in Computer/Electrical Engineering with knowledge of Aeronautical Engineering preferred). Additional experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 4-8+ years progressive experience in Systems Engineering and Integration.
- 2-4+ years direct supervisory experience managing geographically separated team management experience.
- Broad technology experience in systems engineering, ISR sensors, requirements tracking, testing and validation.
- "Hands-on" experience developing systems for Airborne ISR programs and sensors.
- Civilian and/or military experience with AISR programs.
- Proven leadership experience leading and managing small-to-medium sized software engineering and integration programs. Ability to work across geographically dispersed teams is desired.
- Possess strong problem-solving, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project and Outlook).
- Active Top Secret security clearance with SCI (or is SCI eligible)
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.