The Systems Made Simple, a Leidos Innovations Corporation Veterans Business Administration (VBA) Business Unit currently has a direct opening for a Business Analyst/ScrumMaster in support of a large Veterans Affairs (VA) Department Task Order.
This position requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance which requires US Citizenship or US Person (Green Card).
The services to be provided by TeamSMS are related to the Digitized Mail Handling System (DMHS) program.
JOB DESCRIPTION/SCOPE: The ideal candidate will formulate and define the information systems scope and objectives that will support the VBA business and functional needs. Candidates must have a basic understanding of business systems and industry requirements; analyzing user needs and documenting requirements by preparing detailed specifications from which programs will be written or enhanced. May work directly with the customers. The candidates will provide analysis support that provides elicitation, analysis, documentation, validation, verification, and requirements management. The candidates are expected to manage existing client relationships in coordination with the VA to maintain and strengthen lines of communication. The candidate is expected to abide by the VA guidance for project management and project planning and requirements gathering. Qualifications:
REQUIRED SKILLS: Demonstrated ability to support the following activities:
- Develop an initial high-level requirements document and project plan, conduct user workshops to refine and prioritize requirements.
- Support schedule development and provide best practices guidance to the appropriate team(s).
- Systematically extract and inventory development requirements from a combination of resources, to include stakeholders, system environment, feasibility studies, market analysis, business plans, analysis of competing products, and domain knowledge.
- Identify project stakeholders and requirements decision-makers. Stakeholders may include business owners, end users, subject matter experts, enterprise architects, other internal teams, and VA management.
- Use a variety of elicitation techniques to ensure the comprehensive acquisition of applicable requirements. Techniques may include prototypes, examination of scenarios, formal and informal interviews, facilitated workshops, observation of business process and end-user activities, questionnaires, review of technical documentation, market analysis, reverse engineering, simulations, and benchmarking of processes and systems.
- Gather requirements to facilitate the development of solutions, including business requirements, end user requirements, and other functional requirements as necessary.
- Effectively use the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) to assist in risk detection and mitigation.
- Assist in the verification of requirements to determine project achievability, practicality, and cost effectiveness.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders to negotiate scope boundaries, approaches to mitigate risk, priorities of specification elements, and adjustments as indicated to alleviate conflicting requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of risk plans with mitigation activities defined. The risk plans will be used by the project manager to actively manage the project.
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) with multi-team coordination and organization experience.
- Experience leading agile sprint opening and closing ceremonies and providing appropriate metrics to management.
DESIRED SKILLS: Experience with the Microsoft Office Tool Suite, to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project. Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and possess the ability to interact with management, VA staff, and the team. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and have the ability to complete tasks without direct supervision. Experience with VA contracts is preferred.
EDUCATION amp; EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.Leidos Overview:
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems Global Solutions business (IS GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.